I just want to thank Emily for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award. It’s taken me a little while to write up since coming back from my holiday but thought I should write it now when I have some time to really appreciate how much I am thankful for the continued support I have had for my blog. My blog isn’t huge and I don’t get much traffic or recognition from blog awards but I am appreciative for every comment, share or like on my tweets or instagram pictures. I am slowly trying to improve my blog and bring you content you would all like to see.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
2. Write a post to show your award
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide the link to the post you create
I was nominated by the lovely Emily from EmiMarie, she is from my blogging group MIEU (was The Blogging Friends). She has a lovely blog filled with beauty and lifestyle posts. Go check her out!
HOW MY BLOG STARTED
I’m going to give you a little insight into why I started my blog, basically when I was in 6th form and I had my small weekend job which earned me £30 a week to buy the things I wanted, I wanted to find a place where I could write about the budget based products I had found and eventually I wanted to aim my little blog at those in a similar situation who have little money, work on a budget or love bargains and those who love makeup and fashion. As the years went on my blog expanded and I introduced travel and lifestyle topics into the mix as I went on more family holidays and then wrote about my travels, then when I reached my late teens my love for music grew and I went to more concerts and festivals and I then wrote about my concert/festival experiences and love for music. At the start of 2016 I made the decision to turn cruelty free with my beauty products and cosmetics which I then incorporated with my blog and still kept the aspect of budget friendly in there. And now the rest is for the future – who knows what my blog will turn into.
TWO BITS OF ADVICE FOR NEW BLOGGERS
1. Find your niche in the market. What will make you stand out from the rest? What can you offer your audience? I believe this helps you when you struggle for new content and when you need more ideas on what to write about. Also the blogging community is very broad so having something that makes you slightly different and interesting will help you a lot.
2. Always engage with your readers and also fellow bloggers. There is nothing worse than having your comments or posts ignored so make sure you return the favour and they will always come back to comment and follow your blog.
15 BLOGGERS I NOMINATE
Love Style Mindfulness
The Little Blog Of Vegan
At Home With Abby
Musings Of A Muse
The Pale Tails
The Makeup Directory
La Petite Noob
I Covet Thee
Gems Blog Storey
Ice Cream And Clara
PIN FOR THE FUTURE
Make sure you check out everyone I’ve nominated, they are all amazing girls! Who would you nominate?